Air Conditioner Maintenance can prolong the life of your AC system.
Just like your home or car, regular air conditioner maintenance can lengthen the life of your system. It can also make it more efficient. Some air conditioner maintenance is easy, like replacing your ac system’s filter, or keeping the drain line clear. So those you can probably do yourself. There are other air conditioner maintenance steps that can improve the efficiency of your system. Because these other steps are a little more technical, you should leave them to a professional. Cunningham’s certified technicians can perform these tasks as a part of our twice-a-year air conditioner maintenance plan.
So what does our air conditioner maintenance plan include?
We will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule twice a year. A certified technician will arrive at your home and go through a 10 point tune-up. Here’s what our technician does on every scheduled air conditioner maintenance visit:
- Cleans the condenser coil, evaporator coil (if accessible) and condensate drains
- Calibrates the thermostat
- Cleans & Adjusts the blower components
- Lubricates all moving parts
- Cleans or Replaces filters depending on the type of filter
- Measures for correct air flow
- Tightens all electrical connections
- Measures volts/amps on motors. This will make sure they are receiving the right amount of current
- Measures the temperature difference between the intake and output air
- Applies protective coating to outside unit
Taking these steps to regularly maintain your unit will pay off in the following ways. First off, it will most likely extend the life of your unit. Secondly, it will make your unit more efficient. This leads to savings on your cooling bills.
Another advantage is a 15% discount on repairs. That’s right, if you are on a maintenance plan we know you take good care of your system. Therefore we will give you a discount on any repairs that need to be made. We will also provide you priority appointments for being a loyal customer.