Looking for a Grilling Recipe?
Here are some of Sparky’s favorites!
Cobia is an excellent fillet for your barbecue grill. So good in fact, that a lot of people feel that cobia only needs a little butter and lemon before going on the grill, and we don’t disagree, but if you’re looking for something a little more fun and flavorful, try this recipe:
- 3 pounds of Cobia
(if you have more or less, reduce amounts accordingly)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat Grill with Non-Stick Spray
- Pre-Heat the Grill to Medium-High Heat (375-400 Degrees)
- Cut fillets into serving size pieces and place in a bowl
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice, then all other spices and mix.
- Pour mixture over Cobia steaks and let marinate for 10 to 15 minutes
- Remove steaks from marinade and grill for approximately 6-7 minutes (Do Not Overcook). Turn every 2 minutes and baste constantly with marinade using a BBQ Mop so as not so brush off the spices